Coaching and mentoring are processes designed to support you while realizing a single goal or your full potential.
However, not all coaches or mentors are created equal and picking the right fit for you may be much like finding a good pair of trusty shoes.
Regardless of whom you engage as your coach or mentor and aside from the specific “what” you determine to tackle, there are several outcomes you would do well to expect.
The following list is by no means a complete collection of these expectations. However, if you don’t find yourself reaping the benefits of at least 90% of this list, get a new coach/mentor.
- When you have someone in your corner you get results quicker than if you were on your own.
- You add a preventative layer to your plans and actions which can assist you to avoid silly errors.
- Experience is a wonderful thing. You get your coach’s experience poured into yours and in effect you stand on their shoulders while reaching for your dreams.
- Inborn talent is a good thing. However, without a strong coach/mentor your inborn talent is never, ever, ever enough.
- You gain peace of mind knowing that someone with expertise is “there” for you.
- You have a tempering voice of wisdom playing inside your head.
- When things get tough you have everything from a supportive cheerleader to a much needed boot in the butt.
- Your chances of giving your best efforts increase when you have a coach on your sideline.
- Personal commitment to your own goal increases when you have someone holding you accountable for taking action.
- Your mentor or coach probably paid a price for their knowledge. You hire them so you don’t have to pay as much for this information.
- We tend to use our time, energy, mind and resources more efficiently with a coach.
- The process of having a mentor or coach can shift your paradigms so you get unstuck or remove barriers more quickly.
- When you trust this other person, they can call you on your bullshit in a manner that you hear and understand.
- Coaches and mentors often know the “next step” toward your desired outcome.
- They also know the micro-adjustments that you can take to shave off rough spots and become a champion.
- Encouragement from a trusted source such as a coach/mentor is often the most valuable of all sorts of praise.
- A coach can see things inside and outside of you that often you cannot see for yourself.
Should you be looking for a coach or if you want to become a coach, email SoulSalt Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve been coaching since 1998. During this time I’ve collected comments noting the benefits my clients said they gained from our coaching.
In addition, I consistently have a coach for myself. The benefits I have gained from being coached were incorporated in this list.
Finally, the articles below were also consulted while compiling the list above.