There’s a Chinese proverb that says, “When sleeping women wake, mountains move.” Well, it’s time, ladies! Time to claim your authority and make things happen. Despite social strides made within the past 150 years or so, women are still taking the passenger seat when it comes to the major workings of big business, politics and religion.
Beth Strathman from Firebrand Consulting is no stranger to this issue. (By the way, A Firebrand is someone who shakes things up, lighting a torch for others to follow.) In fact, Beth is intent on making a dent in the inequitable dynamics that women face within politics and business.
Recently, she created a platform called the Salty Broad Manifesto! Its far-reaching mission is to seek out women who are not afraid to be heard. It’s an attempt to unite, ignite and empower women to take ownership of their communities. To be specific, she is calling women forward who are willing to:
- Raise some eyebrows by challenging the convectional notion of what it means to be a woman, especial here in Utah;
- Call out “bullshit” by standing up for what matters;
- Get on a pedestal and appreciate the influence they bring to matters of common concern;
- Blow off blowhards by acting in accordance with their own rules and desires, not just what’s expected;
- Speak their truth and attend to their own authentic guidance.
If any of this resonates with you, take a front seat on the Salty Broad bus. But don’t take our word for it—Listen to what Beth has to say in this SoulSalt interview.